»

torsdag 23 oktober 2008

My way or the Highway!?


Everybody keeps telling me that breaking up is hard to do. Untill recently I was in a reletionship with a guy, we were together for 4½ years. The thing is we didn't really have the ultimate grounds or pillers for a great relationship the first 2 years were completely on his terms as I was to young to understand any better and then he cheated on me making the whole trust thing a big issue.

Up untill about 1 year ago I wanted to make things work, this stubbern thought started to cease after many years of just not getting along. Differant morals and principals started to be an issue, the discussion of children had come up, and it just felt like we wanted differant lifestyles. So I took a tough dicission and asked God to totaly erase any feelings of love for this man. Giving my heart totaly over to God.

I had experienced a feeling of my heart being split inbetween God and my boyfriend. "M" was not a chrisrian and had no intents of becoming one either.

A few weeks passed by and I didn't feel the same love for "M" as I had done earlier it hurt though, losing love for someone you've loved for so long was no picnic.



Now your probably wondering why on earth I'm sharing this stuff...

Well..



Everyone kept telling me to end it quickly and let him go, but I felt sick to my stomache everytime. They told me you have to make a clean break. The whole world knows that when you feel something like you do you got to end it.. quick.

I was in no hurry though, I felt i wanted to slowly break it off.. with time I would know what to do.

You know God doesn't really map out things directly, he gives things time and patience to grow or fade.

Thats when I realized just because the whole world thinks something to be right does not mean that it is.

I think that we as christians forget to agnoledge the fact that the world is run by our arch enemy and Gods nemesis.
I'm not saying that breaking up slow with "M" was the right thing to do. But I have no regretts today.
What I mean is.. How often do we really question the ways of the world?
How often do you think,.. is this really the way God intended us to act, think or speak?
If I have been living this way for years does it make it right?

Example, everyone has heard the words "If it feels right it is right"..? Breaking up with "M" didn't feel right at all times, but I know now that it really was.

Sometimes doing the exact opposite of what is normal and rutin is just the right thing to do.
Let me encourage you to ask more questions and seek more answers. God has said in his word "Seek and you shall find" and thats a promise from the one we always can trust will keep his promises.

So is it My way or the Highway? Well I'm turning of on the next exit on to Gods way. The terrain is tougher but the destination is far much better, and the best thing is that we got a map for this road.

0 kommentarer: